суббота, января 27, 2007

I wish I was little bit taller,

I wish I was a baller,
I wish I had a girl who looked good - I would call her.
I wish I had a rabbit in a hat with a bat
and a '64 Impala.

I wish I was, like, six-foot-nine,
So I could get with Leoshi,
'Cause she don't know me, but yo - she's really fine.
You know, I see her all the time -
Everywhere I go, and even in my dreams
I can scheme of ways to make her mine,
'Cause I know she's livin' phat,
Her boyfriend's tall and he plays ball,
So how am I gonna compete with that?
'Cause when it comes to playing basketball,
I'm always last to be picked,
And in some cases never picked at all,
So I just lean upon the wall
Or sit up in the bleachers with the rest of the girls
Who came to watch their men ball.
Dag y'all! I never understood
Why the jocks get the fly girls,
And me, I get the hood rats.
I tell 'em scat, skittle, skibobble,
Got hit with a bottle
And put in the hospital, for talkin' that mess.
I confess it's a shame when you livin' in a city
That's the size of a box and nobody knows yo' name.
Glad I came to my senses
Like quick-quick got sick-sick to my stomach
Overcome with my thoughts of me and her together,
Right?
So when I asked her out she said I wasn't her type...

I wish I had a brand-new car.
So far, I got this hatchback,
And everywhere I go, yo, I gets laughed at,
And when I'm in my car I'm laid back.
I got an 8-track and a spare tire in the backseat,
But that's flat.
And do you really wanna know what's really wack,
See, I can't even get a date!
So, what do you think of that?
I heard that prom night is the bomb night
With a hood rat you can hold tight,
But really tho' on figuero,
When I'm in my car I can't even get a hello.
Well so many people wanna cruise Crenshaw on Sunday -
Well then I'm gonna have to get in my car and go.
You know I take the 110 to the 105,
Get off on Crenshaw, tell my homies look alive,
'Cause it's hard to survive
Livin' in a concrete jungle, and
These girls just keep passin' me by.
She looks fly, she looks fly,
Makes me say my, my, my.

I wish I was a little bit taller...
I wish I was a baller...
I wish I was a little bit taller,
I wish I was a baller.

Hey, I wish I had my way,
'Cause everyday would be a Friday -
You could even speed on the highway.
I would play ghetto games,
Name my kids ghetto names -
Little Mookie, big Al, Lorraine,
Yo, you know that's on the real,
So if you're down on your luck,
Then you should know just how I feel,
'Cause if you don't want me around,
See, I go simple, I go easy, I go greyhound!
Hey, you, what's that sound?
Everybody look what's going down
Ahhhh, yes, ain't that fresh?
Everybody wants to get down like that

I wish, I wish, I wish...

SKEE-LO
"I Wish"
1995

Комментариев нет: