воскресенье, октября 07, 2007

Woke up, I had the same clothes on

I had on last night -
Damn,
I must have passed out.
And cash is just like the clothes I worn
yesterday,
We are broke -
Damn,
I gotta get my ass out!
So, I went to see what my friend was talking about -
Drugs -
He told me cocaine would get you a clout.
My momma said he's trouble and school's my rout,
But I went to high school and got kicked out.
So I'm driving this truck down the 95,
I pray to God I make it home alive,
I don't get pulled over by the man,
I just want to make it home to hold your hand.

Goodbye, beloved one -
Do you know what I am,
If you don't see my face no more -
I'm a provider, girl,
I gotta face the streets tonight.

Goodbye, beloved one -
Do you know what I am,
You don't see my face no more -
I'm a rider, girl,
I gotta face the streets tonight.

You say you don't want me to go but I have to,
Please don't weep,
I love you.

I refuse to be a bum,
Especially coming where I'm from -
I'm a provider, girl,
And I love you.

So it's just like I said before -
Heading down 95, dodging Johnny Law.
I don't need a ticket though I never got one.
If he pulls me over,
He can feel my shotgun.
I think about life, pull down my hat -
It's just like this road, I don't know where I'm at.
I don't want to be another cocaine story -
Will I find my sanity
Where I find my glory?

Someday, someday this will be over:
We'll raise a family,
I'll get a job and I'll be a voter.
And if I die,
It will change you,
Change you.
I'll watch over a family
But only as an angel.

So don't tell me
you don't know what you see,
When you're looking at a motherfucker
just like me -
I'm a provider, girl.
I love you.
I said, don't tell me you don't know what you see,
When you're looking at a motherfucker just like me -
I'm a rider, girl.

I love you, girl
I'm doing this for us
I don't know any better
What am I supposed to do
Look, I love you

N.E.R.D.
(Pharrell Williams)
"Provider"
2002

Комментариев нет: