среда, октября 11, 2006

How many times did you call me,

And I knew it was late.
I left everybody
But I never went straight.
I don't claim to be guilty,
But I do understand:
There's a Law, there's an Arm, there's a Hand

Now my heart's like a blister
From doing what I do.
If the Moon has a sister,
It's got to be you.
I'm gonna miss you forever,
Tho' it's not what I planned.
There's a Law, there's an Arm, there's a Hand.

Now that deal has been dirty
Since dirty began.
I'm not asking for mercy -
Not from the man.
You just don't ask for mercy,
While you're still on the stand.
There's a Law, there's an Arm, there's a Hand.

I don't claim to be guilty -
Guilty's too grand.
There's a Law, there's an Arm, there's a Hand.

That's all I can say, baby,
That's all I can say.
It wasn't for nothing
That they put me away.
I fell with my angel
Down the chain of command.
There's a Law, there's an Arm, there's a Hand.

Leonard Cohen
"The Law"
from "Various Positions"
1984

Комментариев нет: