суббота, сентября 02, 2006

Do you remember a guy that's been

In such an early song?
I've heard a rumour from ground control -
Oh no, dont say its true

They got a message from the action man:
I'm happy, hope you're happy, too...
I've loved all I've needed love -
Sordid details following.

The shrieking of nothing is killing -
Just pictures of jap girls in synthesis, and I
Ain't got no money, I ain't got no hair.
But I'm hoping to kick but the planet, it's glowing
glowing glowing glowing

Ashes to ashes, funk to funky
We know major Tom's a junkie.
Strung out in heavens high,
Hitting an all-time low.

Time and again I tell myself:
I'll stay clean tonight,
But the little green wheels are following me -
Oh no, not again!
Im stuck with a valuable friend,
I'm happy - hope you're happy, too.
One flash of light but no smoking pistol.

I've never done good things,
I've never done bad things,
I never did anything out of the blue.
I want an axe to break the ice,
Wanna come down right now.

Ashes to ashes, funk to funky -
We know major Tom's a junkie.
Strung out in heavens high,
Hitting an all-time low...

My mother said: to get things done,
You'd better not mess with major Tom.

David Bowie
"Ashes to Ashes"
1980

Комментариев нет: